Crisis management services and ensuring business continuity
360° Resiliency Approach
Crisis situations are an unavoidable part of an organization's life, however our services can mitigate the negative effects. At some point, every organization will experience events that will threaten its functioning, reputation, goals, and key assets, to the point of threatening its very existence. An organization's mission is to preserve its ability to conduct business activities by preparing for disaster events and emergencies ahead of time.
Business Continuity is a holistic crisis management system that identifies significant threats that may harm the organization's business operations, assesses their impact, and provides a framework and solutions for dealing with the threats.
Threats to the Organization
There is a broad range of threats an organization may face, due to internal failures (such as failure in information systems, human error, intentional sabotage by organization employees, etc.) or from external factors (such as natural disasters, wars, failures in the supply of national infrastructures, etc.). Because it is impossible to prepare for all threats, effective crisis management focuses on the threats that are relevant to the organization. These threats are called "reference scenarios", including:
- War or Terrorism
- Cyber event / technology failure
- Earthquake or Natural Disaster
In order to deal with such events, preliminary preparation by the organization is required to create an operational plan for the management of organizational business continuity.
The Cornerstones for Managing Business Continuity
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA), is where both the risks and their potential impact on the organization are identified and evaluated in the short, medium and long term.
- A recovery strategy that defines objectives for the level of service that the organization strives to provide in the event of disruptions and outlines the time frames for the validation of the supporting services and information systems.
- A business continuity plan that defines roles, responsibilities, and authority for decision-making in the event of disruptions, as well as the triggers for its implementation.
- Risk monitoring and practice programs.
Crisis Management Services in the Cyber Protection Center
BDO's Cyber Security Center has developed a range of services to build a comprehensive business continuity management system in organizations to enable each organization to maintain effective crisis management and continue operations in the event of a crisis
Business Impact Analysis (BIA) - a comprehensive, methodological, organizational process for identification and mapping of essential business services that a company must prepare for to ensure business continuity in the event of an unforeseen circumstance.
Formulating an effective crisis management strategy adapted to the nature of the organization and its needs.
- Mapping the risks of the organization in a manner that combines all the relevant risk categories and examines the risks that threaten the organization's continued existence.
- Examining the existing controls in the organization for coping with crises and creating a reduction plan respectively.
- Writing a contingency plan for dealing with crisis scenarios.
- Performing management drills to improve crisis management capability, including business continuity and cyber-security exercises.