Environmental management and sustainability
The rise in civil, media and regulatory awareness to environmental issues reinforces the need of every organization to incorporate environmental management into its work.
Environmental management is designated to streamline operational performance (including a more economic use of raw materials, improving energy efficiency and reduction of water usage), incidentally reducing costs. Additionally, the comprehensive incorporation of environmental management into the work of the organization contributes to the better preparation for regulation and to the advancement of the organization towards the achievement of competitive leverage while reinforcing the confidence of the stakeholders in its objectives and products.
The Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Group offers comprehensive guidance in the integration of environmental management, starting in the stage of identification of the issues that are material to the organization and monitoring its performance, onward to the setting of policies and procedures and through to the formulation of work processes and the assimilation of improvement processes across the organization.
The Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Group has been guiding and continues to guide numerous customers in various sectors in improving their environmental performance. Among such clients are: Teva, Mekorot, Bank Hapoalim, Discount Bank, Scailex Corporation Ltd., HP-Indigo, Y.H. Dimri, Ituran, the Ministry of Environmental Protection, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Energy, and more.
- Assessment of material environmental effects - Taking into consideration issues that are material to the sector and to the operation, identification of best practices, internal diagnosis of environmental performance, identification of stakeholders’ expectations;
- Corporate Environmental Management - Based on a strategic environmental diagnosis, institution of an organizational structure, specification and definition of performance indicators and setting of long-term objectives, formulation of work procedures, establishment of a reporting and performance control infrastructure, guidance in IS 14001 certification;
- Environmental reporting - to local and international institutions and entities, such as: the Israel Securities Authority, the Israeli Office for the Registration of Greenhouse Gases, CDP, international analysts, response to client questionnaires (overseas) and more;
- Handling climate changes - Including analysis of all aspects of the carbon footprint, guidance in the formulation of a climate strategy, potential analysis and multi-annual milestones, raising the awareness of management and employees, guidance in the planning and implementation of initiatives for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
- Management of energy consumption - Analysis of the organization’s operating energy profile, establishment of policies and multi-annual milestones, analysis and integration of measuring systems, guidance in the receipt of grants for improving the energy efficiency, control of energy management processes;
- Guidance in green procurement processes - Incorporation of environmental parameters into procurement, by conducting a cost-benefit analysis (environmental and economic) and guidance in the institution of work processes across the organization to promote the assimilation of environmental thinking in procurement;