BDO Israel is one of the leading firms in the provision of services to institutions in the NPO sector (amutot, public utility companies, trusts, associations and other non-profit organizations). Our services include external audit, internal audit, taxation, guidance and consulting services, which are customized to meet the specific needs of each client.
For decades, the firm has been guiding a variety of clients in the NPO sector – small and large non-profit organizations, long-standing and new non-profit organizations, those operating in Israel and others operating overseas.
The Firm’s principal services to clients in the NPO sector are as follows:
- Audit of financial statements
- Various tax services, including early tax planning, VAT, deductions, land tax, assistance in obtaining an approved donations status and provision of ongoing tax services
- Internal audit and auditing entity services (as defined in the Societies Law).
- Risk management services, including the performance of surveys, institutionalization of processes, formulation of procedures, etc. Read More >>
- Ongoing consulting on accounting issues, current approvals and solutions for unique issues.
- IT services, including the deployment of ERP systems for non-profit organizations. Read More >>
- Assistance in the implementation of regulatory requirements, including in the preparation of the literal report and preparation for in-depth audits.
- Preparation of fairness opinions concerning accounting, tax and other professional issues.
- Assistance in the formulation of funding requests to government and other institutions and in the obtaining of relevant approvals.
- Formulation and guidance of recovery programs.
- Consulting to non-profit organizations, including the formulation of work plans, the preparation, supervision, monitoring and control of budgets, etc.
Alongside our services, BDO maintains a professional forum for non-profit organizations. The forum hosts the firm’s leading professionals in a variety of expert fields, for the purpose of providing regular updates and discussing various issues pertaining the NPO sector, such as regulatory issues, proper management, reporting requirements and the unique regulations applicable to the NPO sector. The extensive experience and proficiency of the forum members are a significant added value to the Firm’s NPO sector clients in their current operations. The forum provides the Firm’s clients with current professional updates, holds seminars and issues professional publications on issues that have bearing on the current activities of non-profit organizations.
Non-Profit Organizations Team
The Firm maintains a professional forum for non-profit organizations. The forum hosts our leading professionals in a variety of expert fields, for the purpose of providing regular updates and discussing various issues pertaining the NPO sector.